The Assessment for Rehabilitation project began with the aim of producing clear processes to ensure all stroke survivors in Australia are assessed for rehabilitation, and in a manner which is:
• Accountable and transparent.
• Fair and consistent.
• Based on the person’s needs in the first instance,
rather than service availability.
• Considers the whole person.
• Inclusive of the opinions of the whole team, which
includes the person and the family (significant others).
• Based on the best available evidence.
The overall goal is everyone with stroke receives an assessment for rehabilitation.
To achieve this goal, the working groups devised a rehabilitation Pathway with recommended processes and n appropriate Decision-Making Tool.